It's your last techie Tuesday of the decade! (12/17)
Hi, Blog Followers!
As we head into 2020, I am wondering if there is enough interest to warrant offering 30 minute group "techie trainings". I know that many teachers struggle to find a way to connect with me between 7 and 2 given their other commitments. Topics could include a multitude of Google tools, virtual and augmented reality, creative apps, replacing paper assignments with a digital option... there are so many ideas in my head!
Would you be interested in attending 30 minute workshops after school?
Here is a reminder of ways I can serve you. Please do your best to make the appropriate selection when booking your appointment so I have a better sense of what you are looking for.
- Co-Teaching: Two heads are better than one! Let me teach with you for a day! We can work together to make sure that problems are solved and students get the individual attention they need. I should probably be involved in your planning as well for this to be most effective. Google Expeditions would be included in this option.
- Feedback: Our students crave timeline and specific feedback. Teachers are no different. Invite me over and let me join your class! I can debrief with you afterwards and talk about what I saw. I am purely non-evaluative so I can offer stress-free coaching and mentoring.
- Model Teaching: Don't feel confident enough to teach a lesson that uses a lot of technology? I've got your back. Take a back seat for a class and I can show you some best practices and strategies for true integration.
- Planning: All major instructional problems are solved with planning. I can join you or your team as you plan instruction. I may not be an expert in your content, but I am great at thinking of ways to integrate technology. I can help you plan lessons that are engaging and help your students build 21st century skills.
- Professional Group: I would love to be involved in as many professional learning communities (department, team, PLC/PLG, etc.) as I can possibly squeeze into my schedule. Common formative assessments, remediation, and analyzing data can all be improved with current technology.
- Professional Learning: What do you want to learn about? I can teach you about Google Apps for Education, virtual and augmented reality, 3D designing, formative assessments, SAMR, Twitter, and anything else related to instructional technology you can think of.
I aim to be as easily accessible as possible so I can help as many folks as I can. With that in mind, you can make an appointment with me right on my website, which is also easy to remember because it's just SimmonsClassroom.com. If you see a slot open, you can grab it! I've gone back and forth between the MS and HS almost 10 times in a day before. I love to get my steps in! You can book me for anywhere from 15 minutes to the entire day as long as I have an opening in my calendar. I have also added a calendar on my appointment page so you know what building I'm going to be hanging my hat in just in case you want to pop by and say hi. Check it out!
Let me know if I can do anything at all to help, Blog Followers. Have a great vacation! I'll see you next year.
The information transmitted herein is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the e-mail and any attachments from any computer.
MSAD #6 - Bonny Eagle Schools
Buxton - Hollis - Limington - Standish - Frye Island, Maine
Helping all students to reach their full potential