Susie's Techie Tuesday for October 1st
Hi, Blog Followers!
Today begins the busiest month for me. I can't believe how fast the first month flew by! This month I'll be presenting at ACTEM19 again and, for the first time, taking on a new role as a board member. I'd love to have more teachers join me next year, so keep it in mind! I'll also be heading back to present at MassCUE, which is a Gillette in Forborough. Doing a session in a box overlooking the field is an experience I cannot accurately describe in words.
Now on to my tech tips for the week. You can see the tips from the past weeks (or last year) and access all of the links by clicking on the slide below and then using the arrows to scroll through the other slides in the deck. This week I've added in a sound component with a podcast episode I think is work listening to. This week is goes hand in hand with my "Tools of the Week". Have a suggestion for how I can make these emails even more helpful? Let me know what you think!
As a reminder, here is the menu of ways I can serve you:
- Co-Teaching: Two heads are better than one! Let me teach with you for a day! We can work together to make sure that problems are solved and students get the individual attention they need. I should probably be involved in your planning as well for this to be most effective. Google Expeditions would be included in this option.
- Feedback: Our students crave timeline and specific feedback. Teachers are no different. Invite me over and let me join your class! I can debrief with you afterwards and talk about what I saw. I am purely non-evaluative so I can offer stress-free coaching and mentoring.
- Model Teaching: Don't feel confident enough to teach a lesson that uses a lot of technology? I've got your back. Take a back seat for a class and I can show you some best practices and strategies for true integration.
- Planning: All major instructional problems are solved with planning. I can join you or your team as you plan instruction. I may not be an expert in your content, but I am great at thinking of ways to integrate technology. I can help you plan lessons that are engaging and help your students build 21st century skills.
- Professional Group: I would love to be involved in as many professional learning communities (department, team, PLC/PLG, etc.) as I can possibly squeeze into my schedule. Common formative assessments, remediation, and analyzing data can all be improved with current technology.
- Professional Learning: What do you want to learn about? I can teach you about Google Apps for Education, virtual and augmented reality, 3D designing, formative assessments, SAMR, Twitter, and anything else related to instructional technology you can think of.
I aim to be as easily accessible as possible so I can help as many folks as I can. With that in mind, you can make an appointment with me right on my website, which is also easy to remember because it's just SimmonsClassroom.com. If you see a slot open, you can grab it! I've gone back and forth between the MS and HS almost 10 times in a day before. I love to get my steps in! You can book me for anywhere from 15 minutes to the entire day as long as I have an opening in my calendar.
Let me know if I can do anything at all to help, Blog Followers. I hope you've settled in nicely now that we have almost a month behind us.
The information transmitted herein is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the e-mail and any attachments from any computer.
MSAD #6 - Bonny Eagle Schools
Buxton - Hollis - Limington - Standish - Frye Island, Maine
Helping all students to reach their full potential