I first introduced folks to Remind.com last year when I discovered their site. The basic premise is simple. It enables you to send out text message and/or email reminders to students and parents without needing to know their personal number/email address and without them needing to know yours. And, even better, it's free! Yes, it does mean that you need to have parents and students sign up. However, if you are looking for a way to easily remind everyone about important events or assignments, I'd highly recommend checking it out. My sister is a first grade teacher in rural New Hampshire and has found it very helpful to keep her students' parents informed. And we have a teacher at the high school who is using it to keep her club members informed about upcoming meetings and events.
But that's just the basic level. Here are some more features that intrigue me:
- Use Remind for free on any device.
- Send a message or question, watch as students and parents respond with Stamps, and let Remind summarize this feedback for you in a snap!
- Phone numbers are always kept private so communication is 100% safe and secure. Teachers can easily access their stored message history for any administrative requests. Teachers never see the students’ phone numbers. Students never see theirs.
- You can schedule reminders out so you don't need to remember to do it later.
- Send photos, documents, PDFs, and more, and see who’s viewed the content via the app!
- Use the app, available for iOS and Android, to send voice messages.
If you are interested in checking it out, here is my referral link to join. Although it is free, I get a free
t-shirt if 5 teachers join through my link. :)